Experience Awe....Mindful Hike in the Wissahickon
Soak up nature's healing beauty.....
Join me for this walk/hike that will inspire you to "wake" up to all that that is here for us in the present moment, in nature--to restore, to heal, to experience all that we are! There will be moments of guidance, silence and community.
What to bring: must have sneakers with traction or hiking shoes, rain jacket if weather is "iffy."
Date: 8:00-10:00am TBD
- Group will start moving away from The Cedars House at 8:35, so please be on time! Unfortunately we cannot wait if your are running late. Thank you.
- Meeting place: Cedars House (outside) at 200 W. Northwestern Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19118
- This walk/hike is easy to moderately strenuous, there are some uphill stretches, along with meadows and uneven terrain so appropriate shoes are essential.
- We will have a portion of the hike that is in silence. Group will vary in pace and timing.
- Check website for weather cancellation up to 7:30am, before start time! http://blueskymeditation.com/walks
Walking meditation, also known as mindful walking, is an active practice that requires you to be consciously aware while moving in your environment rather than sitting down with your eyes closed. The practice helps you connect to the natural world, helps strengthen your concentration, makes you more aware, and connects you to the present moment.